As a Human Resource (HR) Consultant, I can provide a broad menu of HR services - from a complete service package, personalized special projects, to an on-site HR consultation, or just consultation to help guide you to a growing business without the worry of legal ramifications. You can select the HR service that best meets your needs. It is my objective to provide the best solution for you and your company depending on the size of your business and the employee and operational requirements. For a fee (base fee, hourly rate, or hybrid model fee), I can provide all of the regulatory and legal HR requirements and support necessary to stay compliant in today’s business environment. Please see a list of my services below.
Ensure HR policies and practices meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements by creating a culture of integrity by:
1. Documenting company policies;
2. Staying on top of regulations;
3. Communicating with employees;
4. Identifying risks an organization face and advise;
5. Designing and implementing controls;
6. Monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of controls;
7. Resolving compliance difficulties;
8. Advising on rules and controls;
Employee File and I-9 Development and/or Audits
Employers must have a properly completed Form I-9 on file for all current employees and audits may consist of:
• A review of employee file and Form I-9;
• Results of the audit (missing forms, incomplete forms, incorrect forms);
• Guidance on how to make corrections to the employee file and Form I-9 in compliance with guidelines;
• Guidance on how to ensure employee files are in compliance with state and federal record keeping and retention requirements.
Phase 1 – Job Advertisement
Automate your hiring service by helping organizations advertise and recruit staff to fill vacant positions.
• Assistance and guidance on arranging advertisements for publishing and assessing potential candidates;
• Assistance and guidance on setting up interviews;
• Assistance and guidance on interviewing candidates and listing potential candidates;
• Assistance in implementing applicant tracking systems for recruitment, hiring, background and reference checks.
• Help automate hiring process.
Flexible On-Site HR Consulting Service
Assist in developing and implementing HR programs to help manage your regulatory compliance, policies, and procedures with flexible scheduling. Assist in managing your staff with employee relation issues, disciplinary and making sure all staff comply with company policies.
Management and Employee Development and/or Audits
Organizations are at their most efficient when it’s clear exactly how much time and effort a task will require and who will be best placed to do it timely. Thus, the HR audit contributes towards the best possible use of internal resources and maximizing the effectiveness of useful resources in streamlining best practices, processes, and standards.
Development of primary components of HR system generally includes documentation, job descriptions, personnel policies, legal policies, recruitment and selection, training and development, compensation and employee benefit system, career management, employee relations, performance measurement and evaluation process, and termination.
Phase 2 – On-Boarding
Assist management in devising a plan of action to help employees quickly assimilate company policies and workflow while getting acquainted with the organization’s culture.
Employee On-Boarding integrates employees into their new work environment and oversees their progress. It goes beyond the orientation program and is the process of aligning, assimilating, integrating, and transitioning a new employee by focusing on:
• A strong employer welcome;
• Affirming that the employee fits into the organization;
• Affirming that the employee understands key policies and procedures;
• Building a long-term employment relationship;
• Determining what kind of goals to set for new employees;
• Gathering feedback and measuring success.
HR Compliance Development and/or Audits
An HR Compliance Audit provides you with a road map to plan for future needs by evaluating files, forms, and organization charts that are in place.
Interviews with key management personnel to learn management philosophy and current HR practices. Identify requirements for meeting compliance, including identification of key action items and timelines and assist in developing vital tools necessary as well as respond to HR issues as they arise.
HR Compliance Audit identifies key areas that may arise at some point such as:
• HR Policies and Procedures
• Organizational Strategy
• Training and Development
• Salary Structure
• Performance Management
• Employee Relations
Employee Handbook Development
Development and Guidance on a policy and procedures manual, Employee Handbook, that is comprised of company guidelines and directives. It will prepare management on handling a majority of employee related issues, placing emphasis on clarity, equity, and consistency of practices, written to encourage the use of judgment and discretion in their application.
Basic Payroll Services
Identification of jobs that may need to be reclassified and recommendations for addressing them, including redefining duties, adjusting salary, and highlighting how these changes may impact employee pay, internal equity, timekeeping, payroll, organizing/allocating expense receipts/documents for quarterly reporting (preparing client for tax season).
Job Description Development
Job analysis and develop job descriptions for correct employee classifications (exempt vs. non-exempt), pay differentials, and overtime/shift premiums.
You can email me for more information on any category above.
I hope to work with you soon.
Please share this information with any other businesses that you feel may benefit from my services.